We have been told many times over the years that people feel a positive atmosphere in our store. Word's like relaxed, friendly, and helpful are often heard.
When you have been in operation as long as we have, you get to learn just about every lesson there is to learn about running a successful retail business. Some lessons you even learn twice. The truth of the matter is that the formula isn't overly complicated. It's about knowing what matters to your customers, being courteous, respectful, and well... just really and truly caring.
Yes, product selection and pricing all have a role to play but at the end of the day people tend to support businesses who they know appreciate them. We have a large staff and in some cases we are your friends, family or neighbors. We live in the same communities that you do... we are real people and we believe in supporting our communities.
If you are not familiar with our store a few things that you should know would include: (and yes, we may start to brag a little here so please forgive...)
- That our staff are very knowledgeable and take pride in helping customers make informed decisions about the products we sell.
- You can't fake experience and we don't have to as many of our long-term staff will attest.
- We like to get to know our customers and hope that they get to know us.
- When you need to return something... we trust you. You may be familiar with the opposite reaction you have received elsewhere.
- We may be a friendly hometown hardware store but our buying power is national and solidly backed by a price-match promise! We can compete with anyone.
- We don't like to sell junk. There is enough of that in the world already so we try our best to carry quality products with good warranties and parts support.
Finally, we remain thankful. Thankful to all the customers who continue to trust us, to support us, and who allow us to play a small role in their lives.
We are Gow's Home Hardware... and we've been keeping it real since 1848!